Sunday 26 October 2008

Almonds

Now is also the time when almonds are ripe and ready to be picked. I'd never seen almond trees before coming to the region. Fresh almonds are wonderful to eat under the tree, using two stones to crack them open.

C'est la saison où les amandes sont mûres et prêtes à être cueillies. Je n'avais jamais vu d'amandiers avant de venir dans le midi. Les amandes fraîches, c'est merveilleux à déguster au pied de l'arbre, en cassant la coque entre deux pierres.
This tree here is also an almond tree but it doesn't bear any fruit worth eating - too tiny. The view is gorgeous though... (Popes' Palace at dusk)

Cet arbre est aussi un amandier mais ses fruits rabougris sont trop petits pour être mangés. En revanche la vue est belle ! (Palais des Papes à la tombée du jour)

13 comments:

Webradio said...

Oh oui, la vue est jolie sur ce palais... Bien éclairé en plus, avec ce soleil rasant...

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Il y a donc des amandiers ailleurs qu'à Nanterre !

Seb! said...

Un passe en coup de vent pour souligner comme les photos de ces jours6ci étaient belles... celle du palais au loin est superbe comme le souligne Webradio...
Tiens ! je vais de ce pas me manger une amande ;-)

Sharon said...

That is a beautiful view but, I really like the almond picture. I've never seen almonds growing on a tree before. I wish I could taste a fresh one. The last time I was in Paris, I had fresh walnuts and I couldn't believe how different they were from the ones I buy in the store.

ichandrae said...

oh Nathalie c'est une présentation douce comme le premier matin de la création.

merci

claude said...

Il est vrai que ta seconde phto est très belle. La remière fois que j'ai vu des amandiers, c'est aux Antilles. A vrai, je ne suis pas très amande. Quant j'étazis petiote et que je mangeais des dragées, je suçais la partie sucrée et après je jettais l'amande.

Jilly said...

I've never seen an almond tree either, nor a photograph, so some odd reason, that thanks for this. It's beautiful and so is the second photograph.

Anonymous said...

Sumptuous,Magnificent,breathtaking,Spectacular...Exibition Sulptures on Sally's Blog.
Masterpieces.
Thanks,Sally.
(Sorry,I can't comment on Sally's
Blog.I should be grateful,Nathalie,
for your help)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Never seen almonds like this. Just take it for granted they are in the supermarket. What a beautiful sight

Technodoll said...

Wow - I never imagined that almonds were cocooned before being ripe to eat! Such wonderful and educational photography you have here ;-)

Kris McCracken said...

Both are great photos (for different reasons), and I just can’t decide which I like more!

Bergson said...

une année au Portugal nous campions dessous un amandier position stratégique pour le grignotage et l'apéro

PeterParis said...

... and once more you "stole" some fruits! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails