Friday 23 January 2015

Nothing else worth posting


I'm sorry I have a problem getting back to my blog. I can't bring myself to post a run-of-the-mill photo of the region: nothing seems strong and meaningful enough, So after much doubt (is it relevant to this blog?) I've decided to post this photo of my mum, taken on 8th of June, 2010 on her 77th birthday. This is the photo she chose to appear on the programme of her funeral. That's how she wanted to be remembered. 
And if you want to listen to her singing "I could have danced all night" with her friend Katia in October 2012, click here. She was almost eighty then - who would have guessed?

Je suis désolée, je n'arrive pas à reprendre mon blog. J'ai quelques photos prises récemment mais rien qui me semble assez beau ou assez puissant. Après bien des hésitations j'ai choisi de montrer cette photo de ma maman, prise le 8 juin 2010 lors de son 77ème anniversaire. C'est elle qui a choisi cette photo pour illustrer le programme de la cérémonie de ses obsèques. C'est l'image qu'elle voulait qu'on garde d'elle.
Et si vous voulez la voir chanter "I could have danced all night" avec son amie Katia en octobre 2012, cliquez ici. Elle allait avoir 80 ans mais qui l'aurait deviné ?

18 comments:

Kate said...

Ah, Natalie, I can fully understand why you miss her, a beautiful and talented woman. Thanks for posting this today. She and I are approximately the same age and it again underscores how important it is to enjoy life. Wonderful video!

Dina said...

Nathalie, what a dear, your mom! Now I understand better why you miss her so. Thank you for sharing her with us.
Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Nathalie Que ta maman est belle, en bien regardant, le même sourire. Elle est partie vers les étoiles chantantes.. elle te protège . De la colline regarde les étoiles, elle te fait un clin d'oeil pour te dire combien elle t'aime
Je t'embrasse très fort, à bientôt
La voisine la plus proche

Joe said...

Natalie, as a fellow blogger, I know and understand the struggle to create a post that's worthy. You did good. Joe (Joe's Retirement Blog)

William Kendall said...

She had a lovely smile, Nathalie.

Take things one step at a time, at your own pace.

Jack said...

Nathalie, it seems that beauty and charm are common characteristics of the women in your family. A very fine photograph of your mother.

chri said...

Quel beau sourire...

crederae said...

comme toi Nathalie elle est magnifique.on peut dire pourquoi son esprit brille dans ton coeur.

Nathalie je te souhaite une journée pleine de la paix et la lumiere brillante de ta mere.

je t'embrasse.

Tilia said...

Quel charmant sourire ! tu lui ressembles beaucoup.
Le duo de My Fair Lady est extraordinaire. Quel talent ! et quelle belle complicité entre les deux artistes !
De tout cœur avec toi, Nathalie

Amanda said...

I am so sorry Nathalie! You mother was lovely, full of charm and grace. Take the time you need and little by little, life will matter again but know that your mother will forever be in your heart.

Thérèse said...

Le chant, le rire, le partage. Ta maman te porte autant que tu la portes maintenant.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gunn said...

She looks like a wonderful Lady, mum and good friend. You have been lucky to have her in your life for so many years. Keep all good memories.
Now I will listen to her singing.

Greetings from Gunn in Stavanger.

claude said...

Comme Tilia, je trouve que tu ressembles à ta Maman.
Un très bon choix d'une belle photo pour sa dernière apparition devant les siens.
Si j'arrive à mes 80 ans, j'aimerais bien être comme ta Maman, aux siens. Elle était magnifique de beauté et de vitalité.
Le temps va faire son oeuvre et Nathalie et tu retrouveras le chemin de ton blog.
Bises

Petrea Burchard said...

Nathalie, I'm sorry to hear of your mother's passing. What a lovely woman. When we lose someone we love, what is most important comes to the surface and we see it more clearly.

Linda said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I feel so much for you - my mother died nearly 23 years ago, when I was in my early 30s. There are no easy words to say.

Debbie said...

I feel your loss... My Mom passed October of 2011 and I miss her every day... My husbands Grandmama (who lived to be 100) once told me "when you lose you Mom, you have lost you're best friend" Cherish your memories and you will keep her spirit with you.

Karine A said...

j'ai perdu ma maman il y a deux ans, et je comprends bien que tu ne sois plus tant d'humeur à publier. il nous faut un peu de temps pour poser souvenirs et émotions après leur départ. Ta maman était très belle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails