Wednesday 28 November 2012

Soft tones

Autumn view from the garden shortly before sunset. The plains and hills beyond get smothered in soft layers of pink.The air is still. I rejoice in the peacefulness of the day... even more so since this scene is now no more than a memory : today, strong winds and driving rains are sweeping our region. The earth is drenched and most of the leaves you see here have been torn away. Well, it's autumn after all !

Vue automnale depuis le jardin peu avant le coucher du soleil. La plaine et les collines au-delà s'éteignent en douces ombres roses. L'air est calme.Je me nourris de cette scène paisible... d'autant plus qu'elle n'est plus qu'un souvenir. Aujourd'hui le vent et la pluie balayent la Provence, les sols sont détrempés et la plupart des feuilles que vous voyez ici ont depuis été arrachées. Eh oui, c'est l'automne après tout.

12 comments:

jeandler said...

Salut derniers rivages
les feuilles envolées
vers d'autres cieux

" Salut ! derniers beaux jours ; le deuil de la nature
Convient à la douleur, et plaît à mes regards " selon Lamartine.

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my
4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to
her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!
My website :: work from home

Michel Benoit said...

 
 
« Fiori piove un mondo fredo... »

                             P.C.
 

                ``(ToT)´´

claude said...

Jolie ta photo !
Ici un peu d'eau mais le coup de vent de l'autre jour à défeuillés complètement le marronnier rose et le cerisier. Il restent encore qq feuilles dans les six bouleaux mais il vont bientôt faire un strip tease total

chri said...

Avoir sous le regard en permanence les changements permanents doit être source de joie intense! Profite!

Ruth said...

This late autumn light is one of the great gifts of the earth. When I opened your photo I thought I was looking at one of my own, shot on a country road, very similar, but without the distant hills. I recognize the connection and feel so happy.

It's great to see you again. Thank you for reading the piece about being a grandma. I've been reborn. :)

Tilia said...

Les photos de ton soft automne offrent une belle récréation à mes yeux lassés de la grisaille et des pluies répétées sur ma contrée.
Merci, Nathalie :)

Bergson said...

ça vous change des toitures d'Avignon

bien installée ?

Pierre BOYER said...

Belle journée...

Pierre

Unknown said...

chère Nathalie, aaaaaaaaaaaah c'est magnifique ces bandes de crème rose, doux comme l'amour.

kisses of light.

JoeinVegas said...

But the rains will make Spring so green . . .

Linda said...

"Automne malade et adoré
Tu mourras quand l'ouragan soufflera dans les roseraies
Quand il aura neigé
Dans les vergers..."

What balm to the soul that vista must be to you. I love the wide horizons of France. When I lived near Vienne my favourite view was from the Mont Pilat, across the river plain to the Alps in the far distance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails